We are thrilled to announce that we joined TechQuartier‘s leading FinTech community, following our participation in the recent Female FinTech Competition 2020. TechQuartier is based in the heart of Frankfurt am Main, in Germany.
Germany is indeed a very interesting market regarding Sustainable Finance, with a high potential: despite the fact that the country is the largest European economy, it trails other countries on sustainable finance, and ranks as fourth regarding green funds. To remediate the situation, the country announced in 2019 its ambition to become a leading location for sustainable finance.
In the wake of the Brexit, a recent Bundesbank’s study also confirmed banks’ preference for Germany as a base for operations away from London. The assets to be relocated in the country have been estimated to total €675bn . Frankfurt, already a major hub for Financial Services both in Germany and in Europe, is already attracting many financial institutions in the Brexit aftermath.
Joining the vibrant TechQuartier FinTech ecosystem of startups, investors, technology partners and others will no doubt be a great opportunity for IMPACTIN to find strategic partners or investors.
Let’s conclude with a quote from the cosmopolitan and European thinker, writer and poet, born in Frankfurt:
What can you do, or dream you can , begin it,
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust, Prelude at the theatre
- Wehrmann, Benjamin. Green and sustainable finance in Germany, Clean Energy Wire, 11 June 2020;
- Brexit bank relocations to Germany expected to create 2,500 jobs, The Local, 2 November 2020;
- Damyanova, Vanya. Frankfurt to get another 2,000 banking jobs amid Brexit fallout in 2020, S&P Global Market Intelligence, 5 February 2020;
- Lützeler, Paul Michael. Goethe and Europe, South Atlantic Review 65, no. 2 (2000): 95-113. doi:10.2307/3201813.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust, translated by John Anster, Bernhard Tauchnitz, Leipzig, 1867, p 14.